Contents of disc #JB124:previous CD - next CD
From WAMU-FM, December 1990: "Christmas with the Joy Boys."
This interview was hosted by John Hickman and features
Ed Walker. It was one of John's last broadcasts.
This tape was contributed by Dave Martin.
1. Kids visiting studio / Theme (from 12/21/65)
2. John Hickman introduces Ed
3. Christmas wrapping
4. John & Ed & Old Granddad
5. Music (the Cliquot Club Eskimos)
6. History of Old Granddad
7. Arthur Codfish (Eggbert's Eggnog)
8. Breaking each other up
9. Phone calls
10. Unusual occupations (man sends random Christmas cards)
11. Miss Monitor; other favorites
12. Mr. Fixit (neon Christmas sign)
13. Old Granddad; voice of Firestone
14. Yellow Ghost (outnumbered in a crucial battle)
And these four tracks are from a Mutual Radio Network
special on old-time radio, which aired in 1990.
16. Old Time Radio: drama, comedy, thrills
17. Radio terror; Sgt. Preston; Stan Freberg
18. The Joy Boys; Dick Tracy; soaps
19. TV takes over; OTR lives on
Home | History | Audio | Pictures | Tales | Links | Contact Us